• 2016 Summit Home
o Broader Impacts Workshop
o Thursday Evening Event
o Lightning Talks
o Science and Education Fair
o Concluding Cafes
The 2016 Ocean Literacy Summit took place in Portland, Maine and explored Ocean Literacy principle #3.
The 2016 Summit took place along the working waterfront of Portland, Maine, on November 3 and 4, 2016, and focused on the latest research and education activities surrounding Ocean Literacy principle #3: “The ocean is a major influence on weather in climate.”
- a climate change workshop led by the National Network for Ocean and Climate Change Interpretation (NNOCCI);
- a Broader Impacts workshop: Broadening the Reach of Your Science hosted by Bob Chen
- a keynote address by Dr. Andy Pershing, Chief Scientific Officer at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI);
- talks by scientists and educators, in a redesigned format that will enable participants to hear all presentations;
- an interactive Science an Education Fair to highlight hands-on activities and interpretive ideas on teaching ocean literacy;
- a panel on effective messaging, creative tools, tips and marketing;
- and numerous networking opportunities.